I find it ironic that so many share with me their quest for Truth, for something real. Like a hero on an epic journey to discover Truth like its a redemption from the lies they've been living.
Comforting and convenient I've realized its normal to cushion children and strangers with the courtesy of withholding and misdirection. 'They don't know what they "really" want'.
It makes each person judge and feel judged about whether one's sensitivity can bare the truth. In all fairness the Golden Rule supports this as most would like to be considered as they considered others.
I like to look at it like the credit system.
A Bank judges me and determines they will support me in lying to myself about how much wealth I have.
Eventually I will have to face the honesty of my earnings but for a dire moment in time I am able to afford myself what i deem fit to allow continuation of my lifestyle.
I am never truly lying to myself because I'm always aware of what I will someday face but it doesn't require immediate attention and I can maintain the benefits of whatever happiness my state of financial delusion give me.
Sometimes those investments are worth the temporary lapse of sanity that allowed me to maintain a lie if I'm left with a greater capacity for endurance ('credit rating' I suppose).
So sometimes I see people lying to themselves or asking for advice but nervous to hear the sharp truth. I look at it like a hungry straggler fallen on hard times who needs a small favor to get by. I'm willing to abide it for so long until I realize the truth is not in their sights. Hopping from one lie to the next as if it were a travel destination wanting to 'experience' the world before they experience the truth of themselves.
Grasping more about the truth of people and the world often makes me seem cold and relentless to others. They are upset that I wouldn't afford them their lies anymore. But sometimes a Bank needs to secure its own investments before providing more than it has to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment