Saturday, January 4, 2014

Knowledge Is Just Storage Until It Is Applied

Knowledge is just storage until it is applied.

I've always applied myself to which ever challenge presents itself to me in the most potent fashion.

Instinctual. Like a hungry dog that comes across warm food and an irate cat.

I know it is more prudent to pursue composure but I am drawn by the adrenaline of risk and failure.

Raised under the belief I can have anything in the world if I want it enough, and matured to understand not the price but the true value of 'nothing'.

Observe, Define, Reflect, Present.... I've been given a number of ways to share the world.

I do a great deal of collecting, not of trinkets or toys but of tools not made but mindfully mastered.

And yet....

It seems impossible to balance when the earth is a quake.

Strive to stand out but starve to fit in.

Holding is suffocating and admiring is vain

Let it go, fall away, seems so easy at first
Then we're haunted by memories
where our nightmares give birth
Excitement and tension turn to trouble and doubt
When life gave me demons I squeezed them all out

You can't recognize me
because I don't see myself
My Outlook looked inward
with nowhere to delve
Now I see all I've hidden
and wasted away
I have sink holes of thoughts
and have nothing to say

I've been given the Gift of Giving and it is not often I find individuals that appreciate the true nature of that benevolent charity that encourages me to shine on.

In the business of hugs and smiles. The sort of people who can empathize with a piece of antique furniture and respect it's journey. Having a different standard for trash and treasure, a 'heap' is a home and the 'bottom line' is where your name goes on stationary.

These are the people that are the keystone to morality. A compass for those keen to understand and fortitude willing to follow

Thank You to all those who cherish moments over monuments

and utilize the capacity they've been given.

(Special Thanks to Erica Ochs)

No comments:

Post a Comment